Yes, it’s true as a VERY inflexible person this could be an interesting few weeks.
We are currently in a small town in Canada called Brantford. We have 6(ish) weeks here, where we are volunteering at the Healthy Rabbit. a cute little vegan and vegetarian cafe; where we work in the cafe and around the site in exchange for food and board – not a bad deal, hey?
When we arrived, it was really evident that the town is quiet and without a car, it would be tough to get around. It turned out that one of the things to do here is Hot Yoga, specifically Moksha. There is a studio about a 10 minute walk away and with a deal price of $40 for a month of unlimited yoga, it certainly feels like a bargain and the perfect way to settle into the area.
I’ve been going to Yoga for about a week, with David, who is unfairly flexible. Half way through the week, I started to notice that during classes I was genuinely getting closer to floor/limb/ the desired pose… I then thought, if this is really happening, I want to have a record of this! Anyway, this is me on Sunday 12th Feb 2017 “touching my toes”…
- It’s hot, very hot and extremely sweaty.
- Focus a lot on your breathing; it helps to relax and get into poses.
- In a week I have noticed:
- In childs pose, my bum can touch my heels (previously about an inch off!)
- In hero pose, I can now get my elbows to the floor with a brick underneath me – I just could not do this before!
- I have noticed a lot less stiffness in my knees and hips, but still along way to go with “opening up” my hips.
- The heat really allows you to stretch into positions, more so than in regular yoga.
- It really chills you out.